SPIE (International Society for Optics and Photonics) offers Optics and Photonics Education Scholarships and Travel Scholarships for students located anywhere in the world, from high school (pre-university/secondary) through graduate school and PhD programs, who are studying or planning to study optics, photonics or a related field.
The Travel Scholarships are for students from undergraduate, graduate, or PhD programs who are planning to attend conferences and exhibitions organized by SPIE. The Travel scholarships are in the amount of $2,000.
If you are a full-time or part-time student and would like to apply in the future, please view the qualifications below:
- You must be a Student Member of SPIE. Standard Student Membership Fee is $20 (US).
- High school, pre-university, secondary school students will receive a one-year complimentary Student Membership. Fill in the Pre-College Membership Application Form and return to email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must be enrolled or planning to enroll in an optics, photonics, imaging, optoelectronics program or related discipline (e.g., physics or electrical engineering) at an accredited school for the school year beginning in the Fall 2014 (Aug 2014-Jul 2015)
- Two recommendations are required. An automated message will be sent to your recommenders providing them with a link to your application where they will fill in a questionnaire. Relatives are not eligible to make recommendations.
- Please attach your Annual Scholarship Report to the online application form if reapplying. The scholarship application form must show new activities from when you last applied. Annual Scholarship reports are required from all winners.
- Incomplete applications will not be eligible for consideration.
- All students will be notified of the results of their application in May/June.