Latest EECS News
REQUIRED TEXT: None.
COURSE COORDINATOR: Dongning Guo
COURSE GOALS: To introduce students with principles of communication systems and technical background needed to program software-defined radios. To introduce students with emerging wireless technologies and trends. To train students to use the NI USRP platform to experiment with communication techniques.
- EECS 307 Communication Systems
PREREQUISITES BY TOPIC:
- Analog modulation and demodulation.
DETAILED COURSE TOPICS:
- Introduction to software defined radios and GNUradio software.
- The Universal Software Radio Peripherals system.
- Quantization; Source and channel waveforms.
- Channels; Modulation; Demodulation; Noise.
- Detection; Coding; Decoding.
- Wireless communication.
PROJECT: Students will work together as a group on a large project. Each student must document his/her contributions every week. GRADING: Grading is based on individual student’s contribution to the large project.
OBJECTIVES: When a student complete this course, s/he should:
- understand basic principles of digital communications;
- understand the basic principles of software-defined radios;
- be able to apply and implement basic radio technologies using software defined radios.